Copley Accommodation, Hotels, Tours & Information


Tourists have been known to travel for miles for a bite of bush baking at the Quandong Cafe in Copley.

Here you can join the twice-weekly mail run to nearby stations and Aboriginal communities at Nepabunna and Iga Warta and also see the Mount of Light copper mine and Copley's historic two-storey Leigh Creek Hotel.

To the east of Copley, the road leads to Arkaroola Wilderness Sanctuary and the rugged Gammon Ranges National Park. Nineteen kilometres north are the Leigh Creek coalfields. Continuing north, the road goes on to Lyndhurst - gateway to the Outback desert parks run by National Parks and Wildlife South Australia. Originally named Leigh Creek after a nearby pastoral holding, it was surveyed in 1891 and officially named Copley after William Copley, Commissioner of Crown lands. The Great Northern Railway made its way to the town in 1881.

Copley Map

Loading map, please wait...
Copley Map - Legend
Multiple Hotels
Click on the map markers for more information. Hover over the map to zoom in & out or see satellite & terrain views.